Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Thanksgiving

A bit late, but here is how our Thanksgiving went.  Jeff woke up early and headed down to play football with the elders quorum (did I spell that right?) and help someone move.  I got a good dose of extra sleep and didn't start cooking when he was playing.  But I did wake up to snow!  Very happy about that.  I did prep the turkey, make the popover batter and pie crust the night before.  But we started cooking around 3 and it was not that stressful actually.  But we did skip out on a lot of dishes that are pretty expected in a Thanksgiving feast like the stuffing, mashed potatoes, and gravy.  Jeff and I aren't potatoes people and I can't really have carbs anyways so we figured one kind of potato was enough.  I didn't realize how carb heavy Thanksgiving meals are until I planned out the meal.

Since we had one oven, it wasn't planned out as well as I wanted it to but it turned out good.  We put the creamed corn in the crock pot and let it sit there.  Sweet potatoes were prepped and waiting for the oven and the pistachio pudding made.  Basically the day was spent watching Psych (good show) and basting the turkey every 30 minutes.  Very relaxing actually.  But I am proud to say that I've made not one but TWO things that Jeff doesn't normally like and he ended up really liking it.  Sweet potato casserole and cranberry sauce.  Success in my book!  Since I couldn't eat the sweet potatoes he had to eat it regardless so I'm glad that he actually liked it.  But I hope everyone's Thanksgiving was nice.





1 comment:

  1. I love that for your feast, you had a can of pop. That's awesome!

    ReplyDelete