Friday, December 26, 2014

Merry Christmas

This year was the first year that I haven't been with family.  And by family I mean extended family cause Jeff was of course there.  It was nice.  We got up, opened gifts, played some games, and relaxed.  We did go over to a friends house and play some games.  We basically learned 2-3 new games every time we go over to their place.  But it's fun.  We enjoyed ourselves and I think it was special just spending Christmas with my husband in our own home together.  Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the company of our families but this is different and in a way a little better I think.  Well I got Jeff a DC deck building game and we spent most of the day playing that.  He also got his usual stash of new movies from his family to add to his collection.  I got some clothes, books, and a beautiful emerald necklace that Jeff bought for me.  He did good.  I am grateful for his companionship and I'm grateful for the holiday season and the gift of Christ.  Merry Christmas.  Both of us are back at work today which is SO much harder to go back to work after Christmas.  Especially on the weekend.


Our finished tree with our 21st century wrapped gifts aka cardboard boxes.  




A side note about this derp cat.  First off, he was in love with the boxes.  I mean he couldn't decide which one to sit in.  Eventually he opted for a paper bag and then got his head stuck in it.



No comments:

Post a Comment