Friday, May 2, 2014

The Next Adventure

So the time is very near for Jeff and I to make the move.  No we are not pregnant.  We are moving to the Washington D.C. area.  Jeff wants to build up his connections so he can get a government job where he can travel and get a job he really wants. 

Now, I wanna address some concerns.  First off, no, Jeff does not have a job lined up for when we get out there and no, we don't have a place to live.  This is where we are at so far: We are going to Michigan and stay with my parents for a couple of weeks.  I'm going to spend some time and look for an apartment while we are there and then go out there.  We have a pretty good amount of money saved up so we can survive for about 6 months, which I think is plenty of time for the both of us to get a job.  

We realize the absurdity of the situation.  We have seriously thought about the situation and have spent months thinking it over.  We have fasted, prayed, went to the temple, and have talked over the situation on several occasions.  For me, I have felt that we gained everything we could in being here and that it's time to move on and if we stay and linger on here, we'll be stuck.  I have faith that everything will work out.

For any of Jeff's family who may be reading this, I do sincerely feel bad for taking him away from you.  He loves you very much and he is sad to leave his home.  I don't wanna speak on his behalf though.  I'm sure he will tell you if you ask.  We promise to visit often.  We love you all.

3 comments:

  1. Jeff had the plan to go to DC before he married you. It's not you taking him away, it's you going with him.
    I'm excited for you for this fun adventure! I hope you two find something awesome soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. From your new associates, The Washingtons, we wish you the best. Some times taking a leap of faith catapults you into exactly what you need to be. Enjoy the unknown and expect to learn a great deal about the foundation of your love and friendship.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We love you guys and wish you all the best! This is soooooo exciting! Keep us posted about Michigan and D.C.! xoxo

    ReplyDelete